Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree in Podiatry or an equivalent qualification. Individuals without Honours or with a Diploma in Podiatric Medicine will be considered on an individual basis by the admission team.
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or the relevant registration authority in your country of origin.
- If you trained overseas, you must be registered with an appropriate governing body.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 7.0 overall with no element lower than 6.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
You may be eligible to gain accreditation for your prior learning towards this course.
Months of entry
Podiatric surgeons undertake invasive surgery on the foot and ankle, as well as manage a wide range of conditions surgically. This course offers practicing and newly qualified podiatrists the opportunity to expand and develop their knowledge and skills in this specialist area. It will begin your training and assist you to gain the competencies required to become a podiatric surgeon.
- You will be taught by academics who are all practising clinicians within podiatric practice.
- You will undertake a session of dissection at the University of Leeds.
- This course is supported by the Northern Deanery of the College of Podiatry Faculty of Podiatric Surgery.
- Involvement from the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists ensures that our course meets the current needs of the profession and its existing training programmes.
- Huddersfield is the only English University offering this course.
The part-time course has been designed in a way to provide minimal disruption to your clinic time, as your attendance on campus is concentrated into study blocks.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 471836