To be eligible for admission, applicants should normally possess the following
- a minimum of three years’ appropriate post graduation work experience
- a minimum of a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent awarded by a UK university or comparable overseas institution, or an equivalent professional qualification (applicants with more than 5 years of senior level post graduation work experience may be admitted with a 3rd class pass degree)
Distance taught students can also demonstrate English language proficiency through either a degree taught in English or through a company that works in English if they have been employed there for 5 years or more and can provide proof. This will be confirmed as satisfactory during the interview.
Applicants without a degree or equivalent professional qualification
Applicants who do not have a degree or equivalent professional qualification but meet the other eligibility criteria may submit a Portfolio of Evidence to demonstrate that the applicant can benefit from, contribute to and succeed on the MBA programme. The applicant should have completed approximately 8 years full-time appropriate work experience.
A Portfolio may include, for example, details of significant work projects carried out, information about strategic analyses undertaken (for example, budgets and strategic forecasts), company reports, or other contributions to policy formulation and implementation. The Portfolio might also include information about other courses taken and training and development programmes attended.
The aim is to demonstrate that the applicant’s business knowledge and experience are sufficient to allow them to fulfil the academic requirements of the Hull MBA.
Months of entry
The AMBA-accredited Hull Executive MBA (EMBA) transforms you into a strategic and responsible leader through our business relevant, internationally recognised programme. You will be challenged to think critically to enhance your effectiveness both personally and professionally, developing the skills and understanding required to operate in a complex global business environment.
Teaching is informed by globally recognised research and led by academics with industry experience. Having access to excellent facilities across the University, you and your fellow EMBA students will remain together as a team throughout the programme, learning from each other and enabling you to enlarge your professional network.
With modules taking place in four day blocks (normally Thursday to Sunday), every 6-8 weeks, this allows you to fit your studies around work and other commitments.
The Hull EMBA is also delivered overseas through our partnerships in Bahrain, Hong Kong, Singapore and Romania. Participants at these locations study locally and are taught by our internationally-renowned faculty.
Our AMBA accreditation confirms our quality, and as a Hull EMBA student, you will:
- take advantage of our relationship with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – successful students can be awarded the CMI level seven diploma in strategic management and leadership, enabling you to apply for chartered manager status (on-campus EMBA only)
- develop a deeper understanding of the complexities of modern organisations through our holistic approach, driven by our expertise in systems thinking
- forge excellent links with industry through real world consultancy projects
- gain experience of a broad range of industries and sectors with our diverse cohort
- transfer new knowledge and skills direct to the workplace
Information for international students
If you require a Tier 4 student visa to study or if your first language is not English you will be required to provide acceptable evidence of your English language proficiency level.
This course requires IELTS 6.5 overall, with 5.5 in each skill.
For other English language proficiency qualifications acceptable by this University, please see here.
If your English currently does not reach the University's required standard for this programme, you may be interested in one of our English language courses.
Fees and funding
Many students are funded by their employer. For information on fees and funding please go to the webpage.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions