Generally, we ask for a minimum of 2.2 Bachelor (Hons) or equivalent. However, we also accept applicants with one of the following:
- Appropriate professional qualifications in another business discipline (e.g. marketing, finance, accounting, psychology).
- Successful completion of a CIPD Intermediate Level 5 Diploma.
- Applicants who have been successfully assessed against the CIPD standards at other centres, will normally be granted admission with approval of prior learning i.e. they can be granted exemption from modules that are the same or similar to those they have already passed at another CIPD centre.
- Relevant experience that would enable the applicant to fully participate in and complete the course e.g. normally, 5 years work experience in HRM/D, management or administration.
Months of entry
People are at the heart of every business, meaning that a high-performing Human Resources (HR) function is one of the keys to business success – with the ability to influence an organisation. Hull University Business School is a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Approved Centre. Graduates of the MSc HRM are eligible to apply to the CIPD to upgrade to Chartered Member.
This part-time programme is ideal for those currently working in HR, and want to further their career potential, or for those aspiring to begin an HR career. You can choose to study for a Postgraduate Diploma or for an MSc HRM.
During this programme, you will develop the ability to recognise and address ethical dilemmas and corporate social responsibility through a combination of cutting-edge theory and live, real-world case studies, drawing on strong practical experience.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1482 466850