Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A minimum of 2.2, with a substantial amount of mathematics at university level.
All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
Months of entry
The MSc in Statistical Data Science is accredited by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) and is excellent preparation for careers in any field requiring a strong statistical background.
The programme, which has recently been updated, trains professional statisticians for posts in industry, government, research and teaching. It provides a suitable preparation for careers in other fields requiring a strong statistical background. Core modules give a thorough grounding in modern statistical methods and there is the opportunity to choose additional topics to study.
Statistical Data Science at Kent provides:
- a programme that gives you the opportunity to develop practical, mathematical and computing skills in statistics, while working on challenging and important problems relevant to a broad range of potential employers
- teaching and supervision by staff who are research-active, with established reputations and who are accessible, supportive and genuinely interested in your work
- advanced and accessible computing and other facilities
- a congenial work atmosphere with pleasant surroundings, where you can socialise and discuss issues with a community of other students.
Information for international students
Please see our International website for entry requirements by country and other relevant information. Due to visa restrictions, international fee-paying students cannot study part-time unless undertaking a distance or blended-learning programme with no on-campus provision.
English language entry requirements
The University requires all non-native speakers of English to reach a minimum standard of proficiency in written and spoken English before beginning a postgraduate degree. Certain subjects require a higher level.
For detailed information see our English language requirements web pages.
Need help with English?
Please note that if you are required to meet an English language condition, we offer a number of pre-sessional courses in English for Academic Purposes through Kent International Pathways.
Fees and funding
For further information about funding, including scholarships, please visit our funding web pages.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science (SMSAS)
- +44 (0)1227 824133