A minimum of 2.2, with a substantial amount of mathematics at university level. Prior experience of finance is not required.
All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, and professional qualifications and experience will also be taken into account when considering applications.
Months of entry
The MSc in Statistics with Finance is accredited by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) and is excellent preparation for careers in any field requiring a strong statistical background.
This programme trains students for careers using statistics in the financial services industry. You study the statistical modelling underpinning much modern financial engineering combined with a deep understanding of core statistical concepts. The programme includes modelling of financial time series, risk and multivariate techniques.
Statistics at Kent provides:
- a programme that gives you the opportunity to develop practical, mathematical and computing skills in statistics, while working on challenging and important problems relevant to a broad range of potential employers
- teaching and supervision by staff who are research-active, with established reputations and who are accessible, supportive and genuinely interested in your work
- advanced and accessible computing and other facilities
- a congenial work atmosphere with pleasant surroundings, where you can socialise and discuss issues with a community of other students.
Information for international students
For detailed information see our English language requirements web pages. Please note that if you are required to meet an English language condition, we offer a number of pre-sessional courses in English for Academic Purposes through Kent International Pathways
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding web pages for the most current opportunities and application details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Claire Carter, School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science
- 44 (0)1227 824133