A minimum of an actual or predicted second class honours law degree or GDL/CPE. For more information on LPC entry requirements, visit http://www.law.ac.uk/postgraduate/postgraduate-entry-requirements/#llm-lpc-entry-requirements
Months of entry
January, September, July, March
Offering you the best possible preparation to practise law as a fully qualified solicitor with the skills to succeed in business.
- Practice-focused: develop commercial awareness, critical thinking and the professional skills to handle the challenges of being a lawyer
- Study your LPC with a Masters and you could be eligible for a postgraduate student loan
- Gain an MSc in Law, Business and Management or LLM in Professional Legal Practice at no extra cost
- Tailor your course to your specialist areas of interest through a wide choice of elective subjects
- Exceptional face-to-face teaching and individual tutor support
- Choose to study full-time at one of ten locations nationwide, or choose one of our varied part-time study options, so you can fit your study around your life
- Award-winning employability support from the moment you accept
Choose from three awards:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (PgDip) - the core Legal Practice Course
- LPC MSc in Law, Business and Management
- LPC LLM in Professional Legal Practice
Stage One: Core Practice Area Modules
- Introduction to Professional Practice (Professional conduct within this module carries 15 credits)
- Business Law and Practice knowledge and skills
- Dispute Resolution knowledge and skills (including Criminal Litigation)
- Real Estate knowledge and skills
Each module covers a range of skills including advocacy, interviewing and advising, practical legal research, critical thinking, writing and drafting.
Stage Two: Professional Elective Modules
Choose three of the following professional elective modules:
- Advanced Criminal Practice*^
- Advanced Real Estate
- Banking and Debt Finance
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Competition Law*^
- Employment Law
- Family Law*
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence*^
- Private Client*^
- Public Companies^
The Stage one core practice areas are studied and assessed from September to March. Stage two electives are studied and assessed from March to June.
The course is spread over two 12 week terms. Each module has 9 weeks tuition followed by a 3 week revision and assessment period. Stage one is taught and assessed in the first term, with the exception of Real Estate, which is spread over both terms. Stage 2 electives are taught and assessed in the second term.
Year one covers most of the Introduction to Professional Practice module, Business Law and Practice knowledge and skills and one elective.
Year two comprises two 30 credit modules and two 15 credit modules:
- Real Estate knowledge and skills (30 credits
- Dispute Resolution knowledge and skills (30 credits)
- Two electives (15 credits each)
In each year the Stage one core practice areas are studied and assessed from September to March, and Stage two electives are studied and assessed from March to June.
Please note that availability of each elective module is subject to demand and timetabling constraints.
Sponsored students: Your firm may advise you on which award and electives to take.
If you choose to study the LPC MSc or the LPC LLM your programme of study will cover:
LPC MSc in Law, Business and Management
- Stage one and two LPC modules
- Law and Business module which covers:
- The economy, business environment and globalisation
- The functioning of the City
- People and Project Management
- Financial analysis
- Corporate finance
- Business Case Study Report
LPC LLM in Professional Legal Practice
- Stage one and two LPC modules
- Law and Business module or a fourth professional elective
- Professional Practice Research Report
For more information on our LPC, visit http://www.law.ac.uk/postgraduate/lpc/
*Not available on Full-time accelerated LPC July start.
ᴧNot available on Full-time LPC January start. If you wish to study these modules, you will need to change to a September full-time or January accelerated start. Professional elective modules are subject to demand and timetabling constraints.
Information for international students
Students with an overseas degree should discuss their eligibility with the SRA. For more information on our LPC entry requirements, visit http://www.law.ac.uk/postgraduate/postgraduate-entry-requirements/#llm-lpc-entry-requirements
Fees and funding
If you’re bright, ambitious and want a career in law, but a lack of funding is standing in your way, we offer a range of funding options to provide financial support and assistance to our students including:
- The Student Loans Company Postgraduate Loan: study your LPC with an LLM or MSc and you could be eligible for a £10,000 loan. Students also can also consider Future Finance or Career Development loans
- Access to the UK’s largest University law scholarships, awards and bursaries fund. With a substantial fund available, we’re enabling more students from more backgrounds to achieve their ambitions
- Flexible payment options to help you pay for your postgraduate course. We give you peace of mind by spreading out the tuition fee payments and arrange payments by direct debit
For more information on sources of funding for our LPC, visit http://www.law.ac.uk/postgraduate/postgraduate-funding-options/
Qualification and course duration
LPC MSc in Law, Business and Management or LPC LLM in Professional Legal Practice or LPC
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Formal exams/ oral/ written coursework||100|
Course contact details
- 0800 289997