A bachelor degree with a 2:2 (hons) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or a medical degree. Applicants must be working in primary care in the UK. Applications from other primary care professionals with equivalent work experience will also be considered.
Months of entry
A flagship programme for any primary care educator. This is the only Health Education Yorkshire and Humber approved programme for intending GP trainers that offers teaching on consultation skills.
This course enables professionals working and teaching in primary care to develop the skills to critically examine key aspects of their work and to develop academic and leadership skills in education, research and service delivery.
On completion of the course you will:
• have gained a deep understanding of education in primary care
• be equipped to succeed in learning and teaching at all levels and in all primary care disciplines
• have improved your teaching skills
• • have benefitted from the experience of practitioners
• be able to critically evaluate consultation models and personal consultation skills and have developed ways to improve performance in future consultations
• have gained skills and ideas for your own development and the development of others
• have developed a comprehensive understanding of the theoretical approaches to research in education in primary care
• have gained the skills to critically evaluate current research and contribute to the evidence base in education in primary healthcare
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English will require an IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in all components or equivalent.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0) 113 343 0806