Normally a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in a Biological Sciences subject, Bioprocessing or Biochemical Engineering, but relevant experience may be taken into account.
In addition, applicants will need to demonstrate leadership potential, which might be evidenced from academic, sporting, volunteering or other professional experience.
Months of entry
Many pharmaceutical companies are expanding their biopharmaceutical capability, which is creating demand, and thus opportunities, for talented, well-trained people. At the same time, these companies report difficulties in recruiting employees with relevant skill sets and those with broad industrial experience are greatly sought after.
Accelerated training for Biopharmaceutical Industry
- This unique professional training course delivered in collaboration with the multinational company Covance has been designed to train future leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- The course is 20 months in duration covering campus-based taught modules in the first six months, followed by a 12-month guaranteed paid placement in industry. You can expect to earn approximately £20,000 over the duration of your placement.
- This course will provide you with an integrated understanding of the full biological drug development pathway and the regulatory framework. We are focusing mainly on large molecule drugs: monoclonal antibodies like Herceptin, bio-similars and antibody-drug conjugates; gene therapies and the technologies that underpin the discovery and development pathway.
- You will access cutting edge practical technologies and gain hands-on practical training in protein purification, characterisation, formulation and assessment of binding function. In addition you will use cell-based assays to look at drug potency, all performed in a strict regulated environment to prepare you for working in this regulated industry.
Fees and funding
If you have the talent and drive, we want you to be able to study with us, whatever your financial circumstances. There may be help for students in the form of loans and non-repayable grants from the University and from the government. Find out more at Masters funding overview.
We award a generous range of scholarships and consider all eligible applicants who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and excellent personal and professional skills.
Visit our FBS fees and scholarships page to find out more about the range of scholarships we have to offer.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- (0) 113 343 1418