A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) or equivalent in a relevant subject (e.g. economics, accountancy, finance, operations research, statistics or mathematics).
Months of entry
An exciting programme designed for those who want to pursue successful careers as health economists in the public and private sectors both in the UK and abroad. The programme aims to provide students with the theoretical and analytical tools to appraise and produce economic evidence in health and health care.
On completion you will be able to:
• demonstrate a critical understanding and proficiency in applied microeconomics and econometrics
• understand, select and use a variety of methods for the analysis of health data
• understand and select appropriate methods for economic evaluation in the health care sector
• plan and conduct basic economic evaluations to inform health care decision making
• perform critical assessments of health economics literature.
The programme combines core and optional modules and develops practical skills by means of tutorials, seminars, and supervised research projects. During the first semester, emphasis is placed on general economic theory and applications together with two specialised modules in health economics and economic evaluation for health technology appraisal. During the second semester, this core knowledge is complemented by a module in applied health econometrics and by the completion of a dissertation.
Information for international students
For applicants whose first language is not English, an IELTS score of 6.5 with at least 6.0 in all components or equivalent is required.
Fees and funding
The University offers a wide range of scholarships to international students, including partial fee awards and full scholarships covering fees and maintenance, see http://scholarships.leeds.ac.uk for full details. Details of the financial support that may be available can be found on http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/130536/funding.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)113 343 0806