Minimum 2:1 for MEng, MChem, MPhys (i.e. an enhanced 4 year degree), or 2:1 with a Merit MSc equivalent from areas including but not limited to: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and Statistics and Food Science. We will also consider applicants with Bachelor degree with 1st class Hons with a minimum of 2 years experience in industry.
Months of entry
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a 4 year funded PhD in Molecules to Product.
- Interdisciplinary training programme supervised by world class researchers
- Key professional skills training with a focus on decision making, innovation and enterprise
- Industrial research placement opportunities
- The University has world-leading strengths in analytical science and associated facilities within the Bragg Centre
- Benefit from partnerships with the Sir Henry Royce Institute and Diamond Light Source
- Join research collaborations and training placements at universities and organisations from the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia
Fees and funding
A full standard studentship consists of academic fees (£4,500 in Session 2019/20), together with a maintenance grant (£15,009 in Session 2019/20) paid at standard Research Council rates. UK applicants will be eligible for a full award paying tuition fees and maintenance. European Union applicants will be eligible for an award paying tuition fees only, except in exceptional circumstances, or where residency has been established for more than 3 years prior to the start of the course.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Graduate Office