- The course requires a Primary Dental qualification that is acceptable to the Council of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Three years full time (or equivalent) post-graduation clinical experience in General Dental Practice.
- Letter of recommendation from two Senior Clinicians.
- Accreditation of prior learning may be given for applicants who have undertaken other recognised programmes at an equivalent level.
Months of entry
This full-time course is open to international applicants only.
This unique course will advance your skills and clinical development in general dental practice providing core skills in oral health, patient challenges and dealing with complex dental cases. The course has a heavily clinically-based nature and is the only course in the UK that provides an integrated postgraduate clinical education.
The course has been designed in close collaboration with General Dental Practitioners (GDPs) to provide flexible, tailored support and will equip you with advanced knowledge and skills to provide more complex care for patients.
Aimed at experienced dental surgeons seeking personal, professional and clinical progression the course will develop your problem solving skills within a patient-focused clinical setting.
Using specially designed Case-Based Learning, you'll be able to relate your learning to a simulated clinical case, thereby embedding your newfound knowledge in a meaningful and useful way.
The programme includes:
- Content across all General Dental Practice disciplines
- High quality supervised clinical education
- Innovative Case-Based Learning materials
- Teaching in small groups
- World-leading virtual experience in our clinical rehearsal suite
- Access to advanced haptic training simulations
- Teaching by tutors who really understand the needs of general dental practitioners
- Mentoring from an experienced, practising general dental practitioner
Modules total 120 credits each year of which 40-60 credits will be clinical practice.
This unique programme includes extensive clinical experience and assessment of skills and will support your clinical development to an Advanced level. These higher level skills will be invaluable to future employers in your home country and will allow you to upskill in core competences in dentistry.
For September 2017 entry, please submit your application by the 30th July 2017.
Visit the Advanced General Dental Practice (MClinDent) page on the University of Leeds website for more details!
Information for international students
IELTS 7.0 overall, with no less than 6.5 in every skill.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Taught Postgraduate Programme Admissions Team
- +44 (0)113 343 9922