A 2.1 honours degree or its equivalent in English or in a closely related subject.
Months of entry
The Victorian pathway of the MA in English Literature will:
- develop and extend students' understanding of the Victorian period through the combination of taught elements and independent study in an environment rich in Victorian resources;
- provide opportunities for students to deepen and broaden their undergraduate studies in the nineteenth century as a foundation for proceeding to a doctoral degree;
- develop students' interpretative and analytical abilities through the reading of Victorian texts;
- provide a stimulating context for study: an appropriate level of academic rigour, assessment, supervision, and feedback;
- provide an environment to encourage the exchange of ideas and the development of oral skills which will serve students in contexts beyond the university;
- support students' independent research.
Information for international students
The University of Leeds welcomes international students. English language is required (eg. IELTS). Accommodation is guaranteed for all new international students paying fees at non-EU rate.
Fees and funding
There are a number of scholarships available to both UK/EU and international students. Further information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Administrator
- +44 (0)113 343 4738