A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) or equivalent qualification in a quantitative or scientific subject area with substantial mathematical, statistical or numeracy components. We also consider working experience (two years or more) of research in a quantitative subject area.
Non-graduates who fulfil all of the below criteria will also be accepted:
- successfully completed three years of a UK medical degree
- are normally ranked in the top 50% of the year 3 cohort
- wish to take the Health Data Analytics MSc as an intercalated programme
Months of entry
Training a new generation of Health Data Scientist, Biostatistician, Medical Statistician, and Epidemiologist.
This unique course is designed to train a new generation of data scientists with the specialist skills needed for analysing and interpreting ‘big data’ in the settings of population health and healthcare delivery.
The data revolution promises to transform our understanding of health and deliver new insights into the development of therapies and delivery of health care. Unlocking this potential requires a similar revolution in data analytic skills that combines new and emerging statistical skills with advanced scientific and critical reasoning. Our course provides the professional and technical skills training to support the development of a health research career in your chosen area.
- The UK’s only postgraduate course specialising on causal inference for ‘real world data’
- Expert training in how to overcome pitfalls and malpractices of ‘real world’ data analysis (unique for postgraduate taught programmes world-wide)
- State-of-the-art training in modelling for prediction and causal inference (unique for UK postgraduate taught programmes)
- Extensive access to routine health and medical data maintained within Leeds Institute for Data Analytics (LIDA)
- Novel and clinically-relevant project opportunities, supervised by research leaders, and leading to scientific manuscripts suitable for peer-reviewed publication.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Subject Enquiries
- +44 (0)113 343 7646