A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons). This is an academically rigorous programme. Applicants with other qualifications may be accepted if they can demonstrate suitable professional experience. Contact the admissions office if you are unsure of your eligibility. This course is also available as an intercalated programme to students who have completed three years of a UK medical degree (or international equivalent) and are normally ranked in the top 50% of their year of study.
Months of entry
Globally, innovation through information technology is transforming healthcare. The programme will help develop a sound understanding of healthcare and the role that information technology is playing in re-shaping the industry and improving people’s health. It is for those with computing, science, engineering, business or healthcare backgrounds who want to develop careers in the growing health informatics sector. We have a strong international reputation and excellent links with employers.
On completion you will:
• have gained skills in soft systems, process modelling and strategy development in healthcare
• be able to identify opportunities for process and care pathway innovation, to quantify benefits and develop successful strategies to effect change
• be equipped to work in a variety of healthcare domains, including project management, systems design, leadership, public health, primary and acute care, global e-health
• understand emerging technologies and have practical skills in developing innovative technology solutions to improve healthcare
• be ready to take a proactive and self-reflective role and be able to critically and creatively identify and evaluate potential solutions within political, economic, social and technological constraints
• be able to plan and manage the strategic use and development of healthcare information and information systems to support the transformation of healthcare
Information for international students
For applicants whose first language is not English, an IELTS score of 6.5 with at least 6.0 in all components or equivalent is required.
Fees and funding
The University offers a wide range of scholarships to international students, including partial fee awards and full scholarships covering fees and maintenance, see http://scholarships.leeds.ac.uk for full details. Details of the financial support that may be available can be found on http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/130536/funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)113 343 0806