2:2 degree, or equivalent (GPA 3 or above for applicants from the USA). Or an acceptable professional qualification. IELTS 6.5 or equivalent is required if English is not your first language.
Months of entry
Action Research offers an approach to changing practice as part of a cycle of change. In addition to enacting the Action Research approach you will draw on published work to inform your understanding of the problem and possible solutions.
During the course you will:
- Consider the basis for change in educational settings.
- Develop an understanding of the wider research context of action research.
- Clarify your professional challenge and developing research questions.
- Identify actions that you or your colleagues can make to address the challenge.
- Learn how to collect evidence, which will help you evaluate the actions.
- Learn how to disseminate your findings and review next steps.
Studying by supported distance learning allows you to choose when and where you study, meaning you do not have to take a career break.
Fees and funding
Annual fee discounts are available for home, EU and overseas students working in our Partnership Schools, School Alliances, and Organisations.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Social Science Distance Learning Team
- +44 (0)116 252 5164