- At least a relevant second class honours degree - or its equivalent from a non-UK university (GPA 3.0 or above)
- You should normally be a teacher or working in the English Language Teaching field with two years’ teaching experience
Months of entry
The MA in Applied Linguistics and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is aimed at graduate teachers and other English Language Teaching professionals with at least two years' English language teaching experience who wish to further their academic and professional development.
This degree will provide you with:
- A critical understanding of key issues and debates in many areas of applied linguistics and of how these relate to English Language Teaching.
- A body of knowledge that will enhance your ability to undertake language teaching at a range of levels in different cultural and institutional contexts.
- The ability to reflect, analyse and critically evaluate language teaching and learning concepts and theories, and to understand and examine the assumptions underlying different classroom practices.
- The skills to undertake effective practitioner research in your specific area of interest.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)116 229 7552