Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Normally an honours primary degree (2nd Class) (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland)
Months of entry
Designed for graduates who want to pursue international business careers, this Master's Degree explores the landscape of international management and global business. It provides an in-depth understanding of the successful management of the global enterprise and seeks to develop an international, cross-cultural and global mindset among international managers of the future. Delivered by an internationally experienced teaching team in state-of-the-art teaching facilities at the Kemmy Business School, this programme offers an excellent blend of the academic and the practical in order to enhance your international career potential
- To develop an in-depth understanding of the global business arena and provide analytical frameworks for understanding the context for international business venturing
- To develop core personal and professional competences necessary for establishing a successful international business career and managing in a global business context
- To establish cultural, institutional, economic and socio-political determinants of legitimate practice in international business
- To explore international management practice from an international, comparative and cross cultural perspective
- To introduce fundamental concepts and practices in international corporate finance
- To establish core dimensions of the legal framework governing international business transactions
- To provide an understanding of the complexities of managing a culturally diverse and globally distributed workforce
- To provide an appreciation of marketing as a core global business 'technology'
- To explore issues impacting the development, implementation and evaluation of global business strategy; and
- To develop research, analytical and argumentation skills necessary to formulate, conduct and report an independent piece of research in a domain area of international management.
On successful completion of this programme of study, you will be able to:
- Analyse the main international management issues facing modern organisations, and in doing so, identify appropriate international business entry strategies
- Decipher the institutional and cross-cultural issues that arise when operating in different territories
- Evaluate the financial decision making practices of multinational organisations
- Identify the core contextual tenets of international trade and the legal regulatory frameworks within which international trade operates
- Evaluate the international human resource strategies and practices employed by multinational corporations
- Develop models to evaluate the effects of policies on inflation, employment, real interest rates, and production
- Identify the core requirements for successfully conducting international marketing activities
- Evaluate alternatives available in global business strategy formulation, implementation and evaluation
- Formulate research questions and hypotheses appropriate for masters level research projects; and
- Conceptualise, research and write a state of the art review of a chosen area of investigation and generate empirical data on the phenomenon under investigation.
Information for international students
In the case of international students, the overseas equivalent as determined by the course team in consultation with UL Graduate School Admissions. Where candidates are non-native English language speakers, certified demonstrable achievement in a Standard English Language Competency Test will be required.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
This MSc is a one-year, full-time programme consisting of eight taught modules, completed over 2 academic semesters, an international study trip which will be undertaken between semesters and a research paper that will be completed during the summer semester and submitted in September.
Course contact details
- Dr John McCarthy
- + 353 61 202183