Other requirements include:
-Successful performance at an interview.
- Knowledge of contemporary health and social care issues, and the role of the Physiotherapist in providing healthcare.
- Understanding of written material and can communicate clearly and accurately in written and spoken English.
- All students will be required to sign the subject-specific Fitness to Practise Code of Conduct on entry, details of which will be forwarded with an offer letter.
- Satisfactory completion of an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (formerly the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB). International applicants need to obtain a recent criminal record certificate from their home country and ensure this is still valid by the date of enrolment.
Applicants with disabilities
We take seriously our obligation to make reasonable adjustments to ensure that all students with disabilities can successfully complete their studies. All applicants will be assessed based on the criteria outlined here regardless of any disability. If you declare a disability we will invite you to work with us to explore how best we can support your studies.
You must declare all spent and unspent criminal convictions including (but not limited to) cautions, reprimands, final warnings, bind over orders or similar and details of any minor offences, fixed penalty notices, penalty notices for disorder, ASBOs or VOOs.
Further information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service.
If you would like further information about entry requirements or would like to discuss whether the qualifications you are currently studying are acceptable, please contact the admissions team on 01522 886097, or email email@example.com.
Months of entry
Information for international students
We welcome international applications although places are limited. All international applicants require IELTS 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each element for students whose first language is not English. Applicants must provide a valid IELTS certificate at the point of application.
Students who have completed a UK degree within 5 years of their proposed enrolment at the University will not be required to provide IELTS.
For information regarding other English language qualifications we accept, please visit the English Requirements page:
For further advice on IELTS and the support available, please contact the International College by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International applicants need to obtain a recent criminal record certificate from their home country and ensure this is still valid by the date of enrolment in addition to the DBS requirements detailed below. A list of admissible certificates can be found on the UK Government website; please see:
Fees and funding
From September 2023, pre-registration undergraduate and postgraduate healthcare students can apply for the NHS Learning Support Fund (LSF).
If eligible, you will receive:
- A training grant of £5,000 GBP per academic year.
- Increased parental support of £2,000 GBP, if you have at least one dependent child under 15 years, or under 17 years if registered with special educational needs.
- Increased money back for excess travel and temporary accommodation costs (Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses) while you're on your practice placement.
- Students experiencing financial hardship (Exceptional Support Fund).
For more information and to see your eligibility, visit: https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf
Please note, this government bursary is available to Home students only. Details on scholarships and bursaries available to Overseas and EU students can be found online: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/studywithus/scholarshipsandbursaries/
Please note that International students will not be eligible for support for travel and accommodation.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Team