Normally a university degree in social sciences, arts, humanities and other relevant disciplines with a minimum of 2.1 standard from a UK university, or an equivalent academic qualification from a professional experience and/or other prior qualifications may also be considered. All candidates must meet our required level of English.
Months of entry
The University of Liverpool Management School is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to hold the gold standard 'triple-crown' accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
Research-based, and accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), this programme delivers contemporary theory and develops practical skills.
Learning from active researchers and practitioners, you will apply cutting-edge theory to global HR issues. The programme is suitable for those embarking on a career in HR and experienced HR Professionals who want to further develop their knowledge.
The CIPD is the professional body for HR and people development. The not for profit organisation champions better work and working lives and has been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years. It has more than 135,000 members across the world, provides thought leadership through independent research on the world of work, and offers professional training and accreditation for those working in HR and learning and development.
- Gain an appreciation of intellectually rigorous materials yet also develop professional skills as a HRM professional.
- Become a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Full-time and part-time MSc Human Resource Management students will be eligible to become Student Members of CIPD. This enables you to support your studies by accessing CIPD resources. You can also network with other HR students and practitioners at CIPD events. Membership helps considerably when searching for a role in HR. Information about CIPD membership fees are available on the CIPD website.
- Completion of the full-time or part-time MSc Human Resource Management programme is comparable to the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma standards. This is the highest level of qualification offered by CIPD. NB. This only applies to students who exit with the full award. This means that on completion, students who have already signed up for CIPD Student membership will automatically be upgraded to Associate Member (Assoc CIPD), a professional designation which can be used after their name. Students with HR work experience at the required level at this point can apply for the higher-level Chartered member (Chartered MCIPD) membership.
- Learn via distinct, innovative teaching techniques. Gets hands-on experience working with a real company to solve their HR issues. Develop an ‘e-diary’ to further enhance your employability and develop more about yourself in relation to others.
- Learn cross-cultural appreciation and experience teaching with a global approach. Lecturers with both an academic and practical viewpoint.
- Take advantage of excellent networking opportunities at exclusive events. Recent speakers have included Dr Meredith Belbin (author of Belbin Team Roles), Peter Cheese (CEO, CIPD), Julie Sinclair (Head of HR, TVS Supply Solutions), Phil Bramhall (Bramhalls solicitors), Catherine Miles (Head of Client Services, The Contact Company) and the Deputy Head of Organisation and Development from M&S Bank.
Fees and funding
*Fee includes CIPD student membership fee
The Management School is offering a number of generous scholarships and study awards, find out more by visiting the scholarships webpage.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- PG Recruitment
- +44 (0)151 794 5927