You'll need a good first degree in a relevant subject. Teachers with more than one year relevant experience are eligible for this MA.
Months of entry
We've designed this programme for teachers, teacher trainers and materials writers, researchers and administrators in the field of Foreign Language Teaching (particularly English as a Foreign Language).
More particularly, the programme aims to:
- Increase your awareness and knowledge of relevant areas of applied linguistics research and theory
- Help you to apply relevant applied linguistics research and theory to the practicalities of language teaching
- Assist you in developing a deeper understanding of current classroom methodology, as well as of current developments in testing, in course design and in materials development
- Increase your awareness and knowledge of the latest approaches to language analysis, and of their potential for application to language teaching.
Normally you’ll need a first degree and relevant professional experience before applying for this programme.
Our academic staff have extensive experience of teaching internationally and working on projects and have active research interests and publications. Student feedback consistently indicates how much they appreciate our tutors’ friendly and patient support as well as their excellent academic and professional abilities.
You’ll take six compulsory modules, along with two further module options from the selection below. There’ll also be a dissertation to write, normally on a subject related to the topics covered in the taught modules.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- PG Recruitment
- +44 (0)151 794 5927