You will need an undergraduate First Class or 2:1 Honours degree in a related biological science or clinical degree.
Months of entry
The MRes in Healthy Musculoskeletal Ageing has been established by leading international researchers and clinicians within the Universities of Liverpool, Sheffield and Newcastle as part of our MRC/Arthritis Research UK funded Centre for Integrated Research into Musculoskeletal Ageing (CIMA) initiative (cimauk.org). CIMA researchers investigate why our bones, joints, ligaments and muscles function less well as we age, and how age related decline of the musculoskeletal tissues and age related clinical disorders (such as osteoporosis and arthritis) can be ameliorated or prevented.
The MRes in Healthy Musculoskeletal Ageing provides a unique opportunity for the study of the musculoskeletal system and ageing from an integrated perspective, providing students with access to state-of-the-art resources and facilities from across the three CIMA partner sites, with teaching and supervision delivered by leading researchers and clinical practitioners.
Specific Programme Aims:
- To provide students with a wide breadth of knowledge and critical understanding of the integrated musculoskeletal system as a whole and the effects ageing has upon this system
- To develop oral and written communication skills to enable discussion with scientific and lay audiences and publication in peer reviewed journal articles
- To provide students with multidisciplinary knowledge, techniques, and complementary skills, to enable interaction across disciplines and sectors to the benefit of academic, industrial and public sector employers
- To maximise career potential through structured training delivered by international researchers and by providing access to state-of-the-art training and research facilities
- To prepare the student for entry into a PhD programme.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- PG Recruitment