About The University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is Australia's top ranked university and is currently ranked number 334 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015 - 2016).
Studying at The University of Melbourne is a unique experience in which students incorporate a rich academic and social life on a wonderful campus with the delights offered by the city of Melbourne, again the world's most liveable city according to The Economist.
Future career prospects
Melbourne graduates are highly sought after for their:
- problem-solving skills;
- capacity for independent critical thought; and
- leadership skills.
The Melbourne Careers Centre works with students to help them build their employability and career management skills by providing a range of careers programs and resources. The Centre also works with faculties to embed career development learning within the academic curriculum. In addition, the Centre works closely with employers and professional bodies to enhance their capacities and create positive connections between them, the University and students.
- Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning and Melbourne School of Design
- Faculty of Arts and Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Business and Economics and Melbourne Business School
- Faculty of Science and Melbourne Graduate School of Science
- Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Victorian College of the Arts and Melbourne Conservatorium of Music
- Melbourne Graduate School of Education
- Melbourne Law School
- Melbourne School of Engineering
- Melbourne School of Government
- Melbourne School of Information
PG subjects available:
The University also offers more than 270 graduate degrees, taught through all of our school and faculties.
At Melbourne, you learn in the real world with internships, leadership experiences and volunteering all offered to our undergraduate students. Some of the most exciting discoveries are made outside the classroom, which is why we encourage you to make practical learning part of your Melbourne experience. We also want to know who our students are. So as part of your transition to University, you will meet one-on-one with a specialist Student Connect adviser to talk about what University is all about, why you’re here, and where you want to go. We’ll inspire and support you to achieve your best.
Fees for international graduate students:
We offer a large range of scholarships and support services for international students, too.
Find out more about the tuition fees for international graduate students as well as some other fees and costs you will need to consider when studying at the University of Melbourne in 2016.
Tuition fees are charged for each year that you are enrolled and you will pay tuition fees according to your specific enrolment in any given semester.
These tuition fees are course-based fees* which means you'll pay according to the degree you are studying and your study load.
Our range of scholarships and awards can help relieve you of your study costs by providing living allowances and/or fee remission scholarships.