In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- An undergraduate degree with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%) or equivalent; and
- At least 25 points of appropriate tertiary-level Mathematics and at least 25 points of appropriate tertiary-level Science that meet the specific prerequisite requirements of the stream within the Master of Engineering that the applicant seeks to enter.
Applicants who are completing prerequisite subjects as single subject study in order to meet the Mathematics and/or Science entry requirements will be required to achieve a grade of at least H3 (65%) or equivalent in each individual prerequisite subject to satisfy this entry requirement.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
Months of entry
The professional Master of Engineering is a three-year full time program consisting of 300 credit points (may also be taken part-time), offered in seventeen specialisations: Biomedical, Biomedical with Business, Biochemical, Chemical, Chemical with Business, Civil, Civil with Business, Electrical, Electrical with Business, Environmental, Mechanical, Mechanical with Business, Mechatronics, Software, Software with Business, Spatial and Structural. Students can enter the Master of Engineering via a number of pathways:
- Based on prior study of (suitable) Mathematics and (suitable) Science subjects at the first-year university level, plus a completed undergraduate degree;
- Based on the prior completion of a designated “Engineering Systems” major in the New Generation/Melbourne Model Bachelor of Biomedicine, Bachelor of Environments, Bachelor of Science;
- Based on prior completion of a designated sequence of Breadth subjects in the New Generation/Melbourne Model Bachelor of Commerce;
- Based on an undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Melbourne School of Engineering
- +61 3 9035 5511