Applicants should have a good single honours degree. Applicants who do not meet the standard entry requirements but have relevant professional and personal experience and the potential to achieve the academic standard are also encouraged to apply.
Months of entry
The LLM Multinational Corporate Law will develop knowledge and understanding of legal issues surrounding multinational corporations, including relevant national, regional and international legal frameworks. The programme empowers you to actively apply your own lived experiences and to critically develop by reflecting on others’ experiences. It will be delivered via student-centred, active learning to equip you with the skills needed to make a positive contribution to change in society.
As globalization increases, and with changes in trading relationships which may come about as a result of geopolitical factors, it is crucial for those running and working at higher levels within a business to have an understanding of the legal ramifications of business decisions. The development and sale of a new product, for example, will require knowledge and understanding of:
- International, regional and national laws on IP rights, patents and copyright;
- The environmental impact of different manufacturing and transport practices;
- The different legal business environments which exist in different areas;
- The rights of employees at all levels of the business;
- The competing contractual obligations where commercial contracts are concluded across national boundaries; and
- The laws which govern moving goods by sea.
The LLM Multinational Corporate Law allows you to develop skills to deal with all these stages.
The assessments are a mixture of:
- Time constrained pieces of work, allowing you to enhance your skills within strict operational time limits;
- Research plans, which allow for the development of effective research strategies;
- Longer pieces of written work essays, and a dissertation, which give you the opportunity to explore a topic in more depth.
The assessment methods throughout the LLM are designed to give students the optimum scope to demonstrate the required level of knowledge, understanding, application and skills to achieve the learning outcomes.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details