Applicants should have successfully completed The Institute of Chartered Secretaries examinations or equivalent.
Months of entry
This course is designed to provide you with continuing professional development if you aspire to become a chartered secretary. Specifically, this course aims to extend your competence through a professional qualification with ICSA and also enhances your ability to think strategically about leadership and management.
The Effective Manager and Strategic Leadership modules are concerned with the evaluation and development of skills appropriate for managing others. Effective managers have different approaches to their work, sharing a diverse set of personality traits, attributes, values and beliefs. A key purpose of this module is to encourage you to develop a sense of self awareness of your own strengths and development needs as managers, colleagues and subordinates. The modules seek to build upon and improve a range of definable skills which are pivotal to effective management practice and successful leadership. The two core modules will introduce you to some of the central theories and frameworks in leadership and will enable you to apply these theories and frameworks to address real strategic problems. The key themes of these modules are:
- enhancing self development and the development of others
- an understanding of business environmental complexity (internal and external)
- key strategic leadership skills, competencies and capabilities, which also reinforce employability skills (for example self management, teamwork, critical thinking, problem-solving, communication)
- meeting ethical challenges inherent in operating at the strategic level within multicultural contexts
- promoting sustainable competitive advantage
- leading change and transformation, whilst meeting the challenges of the information age
Following successful completion of the two core modules, you will be required to undertake a dissertation related to a current aspect or issue within corporate governance and leadership.
This Top-up course is also available through distance learning worldwide, if you choose this option you will be supported by online materials and tutor guidance.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1604 735500
- +44 (0)1604 713029