Applicants will normally hold a recognised first or second class Honours degree from a UK university or international equivalent in a relevant area. Applicants with other qualifications, in particular those with recent professional experience will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants for whom English is not their first language will need to demonstrate that they meet the minimum English Language requirements of IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent).
Months of entry
September, May, February
This programme is designed for managers and leaders in a variety of educational settings including: schools, government offices and NGO’s. Through this course, students will explore the nature of leadership and management in educational settings. Study support groups will provide an opportunity for you to be given structured advice about your assignments and practical help with organising your work, conducting literature searches and managing your reading. These support groups will additionally afford you an opportunity to work in teams with other students on the course and with the support of experienced researchers.
- Perspectives on Leadership and Management - Core module N (30 credits)
- Approaches to Leadership and Management - Core module N (30 credits)
- Research Methods - Core module N (30 credits)
- Research Thesis - Core module N (60 credits)
- Developing and Supporting Others- Core module N (30 credits)
- Investigating Professional Practice 1 and 2 - Core modules N (30 credits each)
- International Perspectives on Education - Core module N (30 credits)
- Designing for the 21st Century Learning - Core module N (30 credits)
- Dissertation - Core module N (60 credits)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01604 735500