Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
2.1 (Upper 2nd class honours degree or international equivalent).
Applicants with a high 2.2 (lower second class honours degree or international equivalent) with substantial work experience may be considered.
Months of entry
This accredited course focuses on advanced engineering practice; design, operations, and solving practical problems.
The MSc Chemical Engineering course provides the additional training companies now expect from the next generation of chemical engineers, producing highly competent graduates with the potential to be future leaders of industry.
You will gain skills in advanced engineering practice, which includes design, operations, problem-solving and practical elements. The advanced practice is centred on themes in sustainable process engineering and energy solutions.
You will gain significant experience in areas such as chemical and petroleum processing, energy efficiency, carbon capture and water treatment.
- Relevance to industry is a strong feature of this course, with a high proportion of the teaching staff being chartered engineers and/or having relevant industrial experience, as well as ongoing research links to industry.
- Many of the projects carried out are sponsored by industry, and industrial sponsorship has been obtained over the years to help improve facilities.
- The department boasts extensive laboratory facilities and significant pilot plant and industrial scale chemical processing equipment.
- Offering a unique combination of engineering and science skills, the department provides a strong and dynamic environment with close links between research and teaching.
Information for international students
For more information and advice, please visit www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/international-applicants/index.aspx
Fees and funding
Please visit www.nottingham.ac.uk/pgstudy/funding/pgt-funding.aspx for more information and advice on funding your masters.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0) 115 951 5151