2:1 (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject.
Months of entry
The course provides students with the scientific research skills and the basic business knowledge needed to convert scientific discoveries into inventions and commercial products.
You will learn how to translate these into a business plan for start-up technologies or innovative processes within biotechnology industries.
You should acquire a combination of essential research and business practical skills in finance, marketing and management which will equip you for career opportunities in the global biotechnology market.
- This course is run by the School of Biosciences, in conjunction with the University’s Business School.
- A series of off-site visits to Institutes and biotechnology companies will provide you with information on the latest technologies and research.
- You will undertake a research project or management project in conjunction with a biopharmaceutical or biotechnological company in line with your individual career aspirations.
- The School of Biosciences is ranked the no.1 research environment in the UK (for Agriculture, Veterinary and Food Science) in the 2014 REF (Research Excellence Framework). 97% of our work (in the Schools of Biosciences and Veterinary Medicine and Science ) was judged to be of international quality.
- The Business School is one of the UK’s leading centres for management education and is globally ranked among the world’s top business schools for the quality of its teaching and research on sustainability and social responsibility.
For a more extensive overview, please visit the course page on the University of Nottingham's online prospectus.
Information for international students
English language requirements: IELTS 6.5 (no less than 6.0 in any element).
Fees and funding
The Graduate School at The University of Nottingham provides information on internal and external sources of postgraduate funding.
There is also funding information on the School of Bioscience's web pages.
For information on opportunities for funding for international students, please see the International Office website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0) 115 951 5559