2:2 (or international equivalent). It will help to have studied at an advanced level either computer/information science, media studies, education or psychology or combinations of these. If first degree is not within social science, it will help you to have had some experience of acting in an educational setting involved in some way with supporting learning or training or tutoring.
Months of entry
This online postgraduate programme examines the use of digital technologies in education, and how they can be used to enhance learning.
It will help you to understand how evidence-based learning theories can inform the design and use of learning technologies in your practice.
This course is offered by the Learning Sciences Research Institute (LSRI) within the School of Education. Learning sciences draws from psychology, computer science and education. It provides a unique perspective on the theories that underpin successful learning, teaching and innovation within the fast-moving digital world of new technologies.
You will build a deeper understanding of learning and, in addition, how new technologies can be applied within schools, universities and the workplace to support it.
Whether your background is in teaching, learning technology, computing, psychology or any of the allied disciplines, this course will provide a solid grounding for a career in education, training, educational technology, or further research.
On this course, you will:
- broaden your knowledge and experience of digital technologies as resources for learning
- engage with tablets, smartboards mobile learning tools, virtual learning environments, serious games, massive open online courses, computer-supported collaborative learning, and immersive/augmented reality environments
- evaluate the use of such technologies in educational contexts
- utilise existing research to make informed decisions about the selection of specific digital technologies
- explore underpinning theories of learning, particularly as they inform the design and application of successful educational technologies
- develop knowledge of wider social debates that impact on technology enhanced learning
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
2 years part-time plus dissertation.
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Support Hub
- +44 (0)115 951 5559