2.2 (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject.
Months of entry
Masters by Research (MRes) programmes allow students to undertake a substantial amount of independent research while gaining 20 credits of transferable skills training. The programmes are flexible in nature and allow students to take some additional accredited taught credits, in consultation with their supervisor.
Within the developmental biology research area, a number of model systems are being used to study various aspects of vertebrate development with a major focus on the development of stem cells.
Specific projects include:
- the development of blood stem cells and vasculature in zebrafish
- the development of neural stem cells in zebrafish and in mice
- the properties of mesenchymal stem cells
- primordial germ cells and gene networks that govern the development of vertebrate embryos
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 951 5559