Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
2:2 degree (or international equivalent) in a related subject.
Months of entry
Masters by Research (MRes) programmes allow students to undertake a substantial amount of independent research while gaining 20 credits of transferable skills training. The programmes are flexible in nature and allow students to take some additional accredited taught credits, in consultation with their supervisor.
Research projects in ecology are offered in a range of animal, plant and microbial topics including:
- competition and coexistence in animal communities and the evolution of host-parasite interactions
- the evolution of insect pollinator systems
- life history strategies and trade-offs
- processes in plant communities eg nutrient cycling and herbivory
- the ecology of the lichen symbiosis and lichen-dominated ecosystems, and lichen population biology
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0) 115 951 5559