Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
2:2 degree (or international equivalent) in a related subject.
Months of entry
Masters by Research (MRes) programmes allow students to undertake a substantial amount of independent research while gaining 20 credits of transferable skills training. The programmes are flexible in nature and allow students to take some additional accredited taught credits, in consultation with their supervisor.
Research projects are available in the field of molecular cell biology including:
- the analysis of structure, function and dynamics of telomeres in yeast and parasites, and of centromeric DNA in mammalian cells
- investigation of stress-response networks in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans and of micro RNAs during the evolution of developmental processes in Drosophila
- establishment of the relationship between nuclear structure and function using the giant nuclei of amphibian oocytes
- analysis of biological membranes, biomaterials and biophysical aspects of cellular interactions as well as filopodia, lamellipodia and stress fiber formation
investigation of blood substitutes from microbial cell factories and of artificial gas-carrying fluids for enhancing growth of cells in culture
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 951 5559