2:2 (or international equivalent) in biological, chemical, or biochemical engineering or another relevant science subject
Relevant workplace experience may, in some circumstances, be accepted as qualification for entry to this course.
IELTS 6.0 (no less than 5.5 in any element)
Months of entry
Develop your technical competence and creative brewing skills through substantial hands-on experience of practical brewing, using our the industry standard pilot facilities.
Practical knowledge will be supported with technical know-how to ensure that you understand the scientific principles which underpin the brewing process and are able to innovate, problem solve, and conduct scientifically robust experiments.
The courses are taught by staff from the School of Biosciences with expertise in brewing and related sciences, together with invited contributions from specialist brewing practitioners; all are internationally renowned leaders within their field.
The programme ends with an innovative problem-solving brewing project that assesses the practical skills acquired during the modules.
You will develop skills enabling you to:
- formulate recipes and brew a variety of beer styles
- brew quality beers by understanding how process conditions control the scientific principles which underpin brewing
- understand quality in a production context and to troubleshoot when issues or problems arise
Our postgraduate courses were developed with the support of the EPSRC and the BBRSC Modular Training for Industry Scheme.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 951 5559