Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
2:1 (or international equivalent) in a degree with some element of economics and/or some quantitative subjects
Months of entry
This course offers a route onto the MSc programme if you did not specialise in economics at undergraduate level, but have some background in economics or quantitative subjects.
Alternatively, the GDip also offers first degree graduates from other disciplines the opportunity to enhance their skillset and boost their career prospects, by adding an element of economics study to their CV.
It can be tailored to suit the needs of students from a range of academic backgrounds with varying degrees of mathematical training.
You will take lectures, tutorials and seminars in undergraduate economics modules, so that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to undertake postgraduate study.
If you complete the course at the required level, you will be able progress onto any of the following courses, obtaining a GDip and MSc qualification in just two years:
- Economics MSc
- Behavioural Economics MSc
- Economics and Development Economics MSc
- Economics and Econometrics MSc
- Economics and Financial Economics MSc
- Economics and International Economics MSc
- Economics of Monetary and Financial Policy MSc
- Economic Development and Policy Analysis MSc
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 (no less than 6.0 in any element)
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time9 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
option to study for a second year at MSc level
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Support Hub
- +44 (0)115 951 5559