2:2 or above (or international equivalent); applicants with qualifications other than a 1st degree who have an approved professional qualification, or those with non-standard applications, are considered on an individual basis
Months of entry
The University of Nottingham School of Education has an outstanding international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research in educational leadership and management. Its staff are world leading in this field and are all involved in teaching and research.
The School's flagship programme, The MA Educational Leadership and Management is designed for those who have experience of working in schools and colleges and who seek to develop a better understanding of how educational leadership influences the experiences of staff and students. The programme draws on research from the UK and internationally, much of it conducted by those teaching on the programme.
It seeks to:
- improve understanding of leadership practices in national and international social, cultural, political and policy contexts
- strengthen knowledge of leadership and change management
- utilise existing and emerging international research-informed knowledge of educational leadership
- engage in critical discussion of a range of practices in the leadership and management of other adults in organisations
- enable a deeper critical understanding of the organisation, and the environment in which course members operate
- promote the development of yourself, your colleagues and your organisation
A unique focus is the emphasis upon supporting practice based inquiry through which theories may be applied to practice in the workplace.
You will engage with the latest education research relating to leadership and management and also learn how to conduct research in order to drive development and change your own professional content.
For a more extensive overview, please visit the course page on the University of Nottingham's online prospectus.
Information for international students
English language requirements: IELTS 6.5 (no less than 6.0 in any element).
Fees and funding
The Graduate School at The University of Nottingham provides information on internal and external sources of postgraduate funding.
There is also funding information on the School of Education web pages.
For information on funding opportunities for international students, please see the International Office website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 951 5559