Masters degree in a relevant discipline and a 2:1 (or international equivalent); plus at least two years of professional experience in a relevant field or another suitable qualification
Months of entry
The Professional Doctorate in Education (EdD) is suitable for those working in:
- education from early years to higher education
- local government/civil service
- educational organisation bodies
- education in museums and prisons
- other educational settings
- is linked to practice so you will draw on your own educational experiences
- is designed for busy professionals, offering weekend/summer attendance to fit in study alongside a full-time job
- allows you be part of a strong cohesive cohort of education practitioners
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced education professionals to develop the critical knowledge and skills necessary to undertake their own research and thereby improve their educational practices and contexts.
This programme brings people together from across education sectors to work as a cohort in a series of weekend study schools and then on an extended piece of original research. At all times students will be expected to develop their own arguments and critical standpoint in relation to education research.
It is taught by an established team of nationally and internationally recognised education scholars who boast a wide range of expertise and experience in research, teaching and policy work.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time72 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Support Hub
- +44 (0)115 951 5559