Masters degree in a relevant discipline and a 2:1 (or international equivalent); plus at least two years of professional experience in a relevant field or another suitable qualification.
Months of entry
This course enables experienced education professionals to develop the critical knowledge to undertake their own research and broaden the horizons of their own professional work.
Our EdD combines the research elements of a PhD with significant taught components. Allowing you to share and acquire knowledge from your classmates and gain a unique understanding of different educational practices and contexts.
You will devise your own arguments and critical standpoint in relation to education research.
You will benefit from:
- our links to practice - allowing you to draw on your own educational experiences
- weekend and summer classes - our course has been designed for busy professionals who may be studying alongside a full-time job
- a strong cohesive cohort of education practitioners
- exit routes, where appropriate, for those who, for whatever reason, are not able to complete the full course
Supervision is offered by colleagues across our research centres in the School of Education and if appropriate, we may be able to work with academic colleagues elsewhere in the University to offer joint supervision across schools.
You will be taught by an established team of nationally and internationally recognised education researchers who boast a wide range of expertise and experience in research, teaching and policy work.
Read about Dr Jill Berry's experience of the EdD course and how it has helped with her career.
Information for international students
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part timeupto 72 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)115 951 5559