2:2 (or international equivalent) in a related subject. Applicants should have at least 2 years of clinical or health and social care experience.
Months of entry
This dynamic course, delivered over two modules, is specially designed for health and social care practitioners who teach and assess students and staff in clinical practice.
For nurses and midwives, it is approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a practice teacher programme, under their 2008 Standards to Support Learning and Assessment in Practice.
Most applicants usually have a degree, however we will consider those who can demonstrate equivalent skills and knowledge.
The course will enable you to:
- Analyse knowledge of education and professional issues relating to your role as an educator in the practice setting
- Explore the tensions between theory and practice and their implications when facilitating student and staff learning in practice
- Debate contemporary policy issues in the context of research in professional education and clinical practice
- Demonstrate your abilities to meet standards set out by your professional body
- Students who take this course have evaluated it highly, reporting that it has enhanced their role and opened the door for significant career development. They also tell us that it has expanded their knowledge of educational theory, while providing a practical toolkit of strategies for developing education in practice. Applying cutting-edge theory that is relevant to your own practice is one of the key strengths of the course.
For a more extensive overview, please visit the course page on the University of Nottingham's online prospectus.
Information for international students
English language requirements: IELTS 6.5 (no less than 6.0 in any element).
Fees and funding
The Graduate School at The University of Nottingham provides information on internal and external sources of postgraduate funding.
There is also funding information on the School of Health Sciences' web pages.
For information on funding opportunities for international students, please see the International Office website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Donna Jones
- +44 (0)115 823 0840