Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants must either have obtained, or be on track for, a minimum 2:1 (or international equivalent) with significant chemistry content; example first degrees include (but are not restricted to) chemistry, biochemistry, natural sciences, pharmacology, life sciences, pharmacy; applicants will also need to supply a full transcript of completed modules.
IELTS: 7.5 with at least 7.0 in each element.
Months of entry
- Join a pharmacy school ranked in the world top 10 (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2019)
- Spend a year in industry working on a research project
- Be taught by academics from the School of Pharmacy and the School of Life Sciences, providing you with expertise from both disciplines
Learn how to develop treatments for some of the world’s most challenging diseases of our time. You will develop key aspects of the drug discovery journey, from initial concept through to clinical treatment.
Spend your second year training with our pharmaceutical industrial partners such as Sygnature Discovery Ltd based in Nottingham or national partner GlaxoSmithKline. This provides a unique opportunity to gain work-place experiences such as transferable leadership skills.
Your research portfolio forms part of your compulsory second year training. It's designed around the Registered Scientist (RSci). This gives you the opportunity to independently submit your portfolio towards the application. A dedicated supervisor will support you during your research project. You will work alongside our researchers who are transforming lives and improving societies.
You will establish practical and professional skills from both the School of Pharmacy and the School of Life Sciences. You'll have:
- exposure to a variety of teaching experiences in drug development
- staff working in or collaborating with the pharmaceutical industry
- access to both schools seminar programs including reputed scientific speakers
- use of a variety of laboratories across both Schools and the University of Nottingham Biodiscovery Institute
Industrial placement year
- Developed with the pharmaceutical industry to ensure relevance and to increase the future employability of graduates
- Fees are reduced to half of those of the first year
- Build your network for your future career
- Training future leaders in the pharmaceutical sector
The placement year with one of our industrial partners is arranged and guaranteed upon completion of a successful application and interview process.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 951 5559