A minimum of a 2.2 degree in a relevant subject.
We may also consider evidence of relevant personal, professional and educational experience. Specific projects may also require that the applicant holds a veterinary qualification.
Months of entry
The course aims to enhance awareness and understanding of latest veterinary research developments, whilst providing tailored in-depth training relating to your research interests.
The MRes programme is a one year course and provides a training programme in a specific research area, in one of three named routes (veterinary science, veterinary business and management and veterinary education).
The course consists of two elements - a single research project which runs continuously throughout the duration of the programme and generic training in key skills, although it is possible to take advanced taught courses, with the research project element reduced accordingly.
Progression through the year of study is closely monitored through regular meetings (a minimum of 10 per year). Normally each research submission will be examined by one Internal Examiner and one External Examiner.
A candidate for the degree of MRes is required after the period of directed study:
- To demonstrate to the Examiners through attendance certificates that they have pursued an adequate generic training programme to the value of 20 credits
- To undertake and pass assessments, for all taught modules for which they have registered
- To produce a dissertation of a maximum 35,000 words (or equivalent) displaying originality and technical understanding
- To satisfy the Examiners regarding knowledge of the general field of scholarship to which the subject belongs
- If so required by the Examiners, to attend a viva voce examination held in the University on the subject of his/her dissertation and the general related field of scholarship
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 951 6472