About University of Nottingham Ningbo China
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China —— a truly global university, in the heart of China
- The University of Nottingham is ranked as a world top 100 university by QS World University Ranking 2020.
- All our degree programmes are taught in English
- About 44% of our academic papers were published in world top 10% journals.
- Our graduates leave with a University of Nottingham degree that is valued by employers all over the world. Exchange and study abroad programmes with more than 100 partners in around 40 countries and regions.
- Free mandarin classes for all the overseas students
To encourage academic excellence, we offer a more than 16 million RMB comprehensive and expanding range of full and partial scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
If you choose to become a student at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), you will find yourself among a diverse and thriving community at China’s first ever Sino-foreign university. Our international students gain knowledge of China, now the world’s largest economy and a major player on the world stage, which sets them apart from others in the competitive global jobs market.
We offer various opportunities for students from around the world to complete a semester or a year of study at our university, as well as provide our students with chances of studying at our partner institutions overseas. Various summer programmes including academic sessions and cultural excursions, which provide students a snapshot of life at the University of Nottingham and the city of Ningbo.
We offer Business, Economics, Education and English, International Communications, and International Studies and a world class research-led science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education for Bachelors, masters and PG research areas as below.
- The University of Nottingham ranked as a world top 100 university by QS World University Ranking 2020.
- Our academic staff are either seconded from Nottingham UK or appointed to the University of Nottingham’s standards.
PG subjects available
- Architecture and Built Environment
- Chemical and Environmental
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Education and English
- Electrical and Electronic
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
- Geographical Sciences
- International Communications
- International Studies
Future career prospects
- 82% of our masters graduates are employed by world renowned companies.
- Our graduates leave with a University of Nottingham degree that is valued by employers all over the world.
English language support
If your first language is not English or your entry qualification was not obtained in the English medium (from an approved institution) you are required to provide evidence of your proficiency in English.
The general minimum requirements for our masters courses are listed below:
- IELTS 6.5 with the writing band no less than 6.0
- PTE Academic 62 (minimum 55)
Facilities and support arrangements
Full range of sports facilities on campus open to all students for free
- Mainland Chinese students: 100,000 RMB per year
- Hongkong, Macau and Taiwan students: 100,000 RMB per year
- International students: 110,000 RMB per year
Ningbo is located in Zhejiang province on the south shore of Hangzhou Bay, opposite Shanghai. 7,000 years old, populated with more than six million people and covering more than 1,000 square kilometres, Ningbo is a rapidly growing city. Ranked in the top ten of cities for business in China by Forbes, it is a thriving blend of enterprise, culture, education, tradition and entertainment.
All new students are guaranteed an offer of accommodation subject to certain conditions. Find your perfect place to live that suits your lifestyle at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC). More information, please refer to
Ningbo is well known within China and abroad as being the birthplace of the Hemudu culture approximately 7,000 years ago. Ningbo is now an entertaining mix of arts, from visual arts and theatre, to cinema, music and literature. There are plenty of opportunities for visitors to Ningbo to unearth both modern and ancient culture within the same city centre.
How to apply
2020 entry closing date: 31 May 2020
- Application form (download form here https://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/study-with-us/postgraduate-taught/how-to-apply.aspx)
- A recommendation letter on headed paper, signed and/or stamped
- Academic transcripts and degree certificates (results so far, or completed)
- English language test score report if already received (IELTS/PTE Academic)
- Personal statement
- A photocopy of the main pages from your passport
Completed applications should be emailed to
- Social media accounts