A 2:1 (upper second class honours degree or international equivalent) with significant economics content.
Months of entry
This program is suitable for graduates with finance, economics, business, mathematics or related learning backgrounds and was tailored for people with or without work experience who intend to go on to work for industry. It places particular emphasis on economic coverage of financial and monetary themes, but it is also a good choice for students who have economic and monetary economic research interests.
This program will help you establish a mature and comprehensive understanding of economics, money and financial frameworks and mechanisms. This course will equip candidates with the needed techniques, knowledge in the banking, finance and monetary area, as well as research institutes specialized in the above sectors.
It is designed to meet the needs of those who:
- wants to work in companies or governments as an economist;
- wants economics Masters training with emphasis on finance or monetary economics (useful for many jobs).
On successful completion of the programme, students will obtain:
- Advanced level knowledge of core areas of economics, monetary and financial policy;
- Advanced level knowledge of core quantitative skills and research methods;
- The knowledge and skills to undertake postgraduate research;
- The knowledge and skills to conduct research and write reports;
- The knowledge and skills to gain employment as professional economists or in other careers.
On completing the programme, you may find the following potential employees:
- Investment companies
- Central banks
- Business banks
- Non-Government Organizations.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr. Chang Liu