A Bachelor's degree at 2.1 level.
Months of entry
This MSc provides advanced training and enhances your skills in the specialised area of electronics, communications and computer engineering.
The course aims to provide you with a comprehensive coverage of the skills required by an engineer working in instrumentation, electronic systems, wireless and wired telecommunications, computer hardware, and software aspects of computer engineering.
The programme provides an excellent basis for engineers wishing to update their knowledge, students who wish to embark a career in advance research and development, or for students wishing to enhance their training and qualifications.
Particular features of the programme include:
- incorporating 6 months industrial internship as part of the curriculum;
- teaching informed by active leading-edge researchers in the field;
- innovative and engaging teaching methods;
- one-to-one project consultation with expert members of staff;
- access to many online resources and flexibility in course content. This is a highly flexible course, which gives you the opportunity to choose modules according to your specific interests and requirements.
After completing the taught components of the course, you will undertake an industrial internship placement with the major industry players in the field of electronics, communications and computer engineering. Subsequently, with knowledge/skills gained through industrial internship period, you will proceed with highly industry-oriented research project supervised by our expert members of faculty staffs.
This course operates on a modular basis and consists of a series of taught modules (worth 120 credits), followed by 6 months of non-credit bearing industrial internship. During the industrial internship, you will explore your interest in a specific research topic/project dissertation which will be beginning right after your industrial placement. The project dissertation will be 60-credit worth, and will begin in the following spring period.
You will be taught using the latest advances in teaching methods and electronic resources, as well as small-group and individual tutorial.
Tutors provide feedback on assignments. Our objective is to help you develop the confidence to work as a professional academic, at ease with the conventions of the discipline, and ready to tackle any area of research in electronic communications and computer engineering.
- Instrumentation and Measurement;
- Engineering Ultrasonics;
- Optical Communications and Networks;
- HDL for Programmable Logic;
- Applied Computational Engineering;
- Integrated Photonics: Design and Technology;
- Control Systems Design;
- Electronic Design;
- Solid State Devices;
- Digital Communications;
- Power Electronic Design;
- Embedded Computing;
- Digital Signal Processing for Telecommunication Multimedia and Instrumentation;
- RF Microelectronics;
- Mobile Communications;
- VLSI Design;
- Telecommunication Electronics;
- Web Based Computing;
- Optical Communications;
- Applied Computational Engineering.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- International Admissions
- +865748818 0262