A 2:1 or equivalent in degree. A minimum of one year work experience in the field of education for those taking the course on a part-time (2-year) basis. No such requirement for full-time one year students.
Months of entry
We begin by exploring the broad context of higher education in an era of globalisation and how this is driving diverse forms of internationalisation in higher education. We then look at strategies and managerial demands of different models of internationalisation, followed by a specific focus on the core activity of enhancing student experiences in an internationalising institution.
The programme concludes with an opportunity for in-depth investigation of internationalisation within a particular function in a higher education institution – chosen by the student. This will enhance personal capacity in strategic analysis for informed decision-making in future professional practice. The programme, therefore, moves from context to strategy and from strategy to practice, so that reflection on practice is situated and contextualised.
Programme content and structure
The programme comprises four 30-credit modules and a 60-credit dissertation.
The modules currently offered are:
- Module 1: Globalisation, higher education and society
- Module 2: Internationalising higher education: institutional strategy and development
- Module 3: Enhancing student experience in international higher education
- Module 4: Shaping the future: An evidence-based approach to managing change in international higher education
The dissertation provides students with the opportunity to carry out an in-depth investigation of internationalisation within a particular function in a higher education institution. Development of the research skills students need to carry out this work are supported in various ways, building on their value for future professional practice.
Information for international students
The University currently houses 700 international students from 70 different countries
Fees and funding
Competitive international student (including UK students) scholarships
- Ningbo Govt International Student Scholarship 14 x approx 3,100 GBP
- The University of Nottingham High Achievers Scholarship 25 x approx. 2,050 GBP
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- International Admissions