A 2:1 or equivalent in degree. A minimum of one year work experience in the field of education for those taking the course on a part-time (2-year) basis. No such requirement for full-time one year students.
Months of entry
In countries and institutions across the world, internationalisation has emerged as a central feature of contemporary Higher Education policy and practice. It takes a variety of forms but its impact and significance can be observed across all aspects and functions of university life – teaching, research, management and administration.
The MA International Higher Education is a unique and innovative programme that addresses this diversity of form and impact in a way that is informed by research and theory but is also firmly focussed on practice. It draws on the University of Nottingham’s experience at the forefront of innovation in this field, on its leading academic reputation, and on the expertise of its staff with extensive knowledge and experience in international and transnational higher education.
The programme is designed to:
- enhance your professional competencies in academic, managerial and administrative roles
- develop your critical and theoretical understanding of the key issues in international higher education
- enable you to transform future practice for yourself, for individuals and for institutions
- expand your career opportunities
The objectives of the programme are that you will:
- be aware and understand the major themes, issues and debates in international and transnational higher education
- have explored the interface between policy, scholarly research and practice in relation to international and transnational higher education
- understand the continuities and discontinuities between policy, practice and research
- be prepared to develop, challenge and question policies, strategies, practice and research
- be confident in constructing arguments about international and transnational higher education based on evidence and theory
- be able to formulate and investigate significant research questions about international and transnational higher education
This programme is professionally and intellectually valuable in its own right, but is also ideal preparation for a PhD in Higher Education.
For more information, please see here.
Information for international students
Please see the English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Please see the scholarship schemes available.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details