Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Course requirements: 2.1 honour degree or above (Upper 2nd class hons degree and above or international equivalent).
In a relevant discipline: Environmental Sciences, Physical Geography, Geographical Information Systems, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering and other related engineering background subject to having completed suitable modules.
Months of entry
This MRes programmes aims to provide the students with programmes of the necessary advanced, technical, professional and specialised study skills within the fields of Environmental Science and Engineering, and to develop a critical awareness of the advanced techniques and technological advances available to conduct state of the art research in these areas. Students then have the opportunity to explore these in either or both experiment and modelling oriented projects, and complete studying the course by analysis and interpretation of the research results and writing up a dissertation that is to be examined according to the established procedure in the University of Nottingham. By taking a multi-disciplinary approach to teaching and learning the subject, the course aims to help greater understanding of the subject and the ability to apply it in industrial practices or further studies.
The specific objectives are as follows:
- to encourage integration between the separate disciplinary areas
- to propel the development of new ideas, knowledge and techniques applicable in environmental management and design of environmental engineering systems
- to develop the students transferable skills in research methods at postgraduate level
- to facilitate an in-depth investigation of a relevant topic through independent research
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Graduate School Enquires