Academic requirements GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in English and mathematics. An honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent, from a recognised university (masters and PhDs also count towards entry requirements. A masters degree will be considered as a second class upper degree and a PhD as a first. This will also apply to international applicants. For all other UK qualifications please refer to the UCAS website.
Months of entry
Bring your graduate expertise, and skills to the teaching of your subject specialism to children of all abilities aged 11-18. This programme will qualify you for the 11-16 national standards for qualified teacher status (QTS) set by the Department for Education, and includes a 24-week placement, which will sharpen your skills and fully prepare you for your future teaching career. This programme is also available as a School Direct route into teaching.
Pathways are available in Art and Design; Drama; English; Geography; Mathematics; Music; Biology; Chemistry and Physics. The programme prepares you for classroom teaching and involves you in scholarly activity and research.
- Access a range of bursary and funding options.
- Benefit from support from both your faculty tutor and school mentors.
- Stand out as a subject specialist with the knowledge, personal qualities and standards of professional competence necessary to stimulate the imagination of children and to maintain and improve standards in schools.
- Opportunities for continued professional development and to learn about the relationship between educators and society.
- Make use of the latest technologies and developments in teaching and gain experience in developing resources for your subject.
- Leave with the skills, knowledge and experience to begin your career teaching art and design to children of all abilities 11-18.
- Free teacher training support from the Department for Education's Premier Plus programme.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1752 585858