You'll need a bachelor degree with a second-class honours (or its equivalent) in a relevant field. Also extensive work experience which would normally be at least five years’ management experience in any sector that provides public services.
Months of entry
Are you a senior manager within the public sector or local government who wants to draw together both the theoretical and practical aspects of professional and managerial experience? Focused on managerial and organisational practice, this programme provides opportunities for learning through collaborative processes, and enables you to take your new knowledge back to the workplace where it can be implemented to improve the quality of your practice.
- Immerse yourself in the policies and theories surrounding public administration, through our two year taught programme. Build on your newly acquired knowledge and develop your research interests, by taking an additional two to three years to complete your thesis.
- Equip yourself with the skills to facilitate in others the capacity to manage public resources cost-efficiently, cost-effectively and equitably.
- Gain knowledge to guide, and contribute to, socio-political discourses at all levels, on the future roles of the state, civil society and the market in societal and local community governance.
- Sharpen your knowledge and feel able to give sound policy advice to government across an array of policy domains.
- Enhance your ability by applying theory to practice in the contexts of critical public policy and administration issues in a way that draws upon your extensive professional and managerial experience.
- Benefit from direct involvement with the Plymouth Graduate School of Management research community
Information for international students
An IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent is required.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- DPA by taught
- part time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1752 585858