Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Mathematics and English at grade C / 4 or above. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application. Please note the institution will also accept Functional Skills Level 2 (Numeracy) as an equivalent qualification to the GCSE Mathematics qualification.
2.2 honours degree or above.
You must also have a minimum of 12 months social care experience. This can be in a voluntary capacity working within a range of groups considered vulnerable or marginalised from society.
You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this programme.
Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. You must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
Months of entry
Professionally recognised by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), our practice-led degree allows you to achieve professional competency and an ability to relate academic theory and knowledge to social work practice. You'll develop knowledge of social work theories and methods of assessment and intervention, as well as reflective approaches to human needs and behaviour, current social policy and law. You’ll leave us well prepared for employment in social care.
- Achieve a qualification with a degree recognised by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) allowing you to apply to register as a social worker with the HCPC.
- Develop professionally by spending 170 days in supervised practice settings - with placement opportunities in agencies, in statutory and voluntary sectors throughout the South West.
- Benefit from a bursary to support you in your studies – available to many students.
- Achieve a highly desirable qualification in social work.
- Excellent employability - 95 per cent of our September 2013 graduates are in employment.
- Our teaching staff - who are leading the way in their subjects, carrying out internationally respected research - will inspire you.
- Learn from qualified social work practitioners.
- Gain experience first-hand with the involvement of service users and carers throughout the programme.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44(0)1752 585858