UK / EU You require the minimum of a second class honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (planning, geography, architecture, sociology or environmental science). If you have no formal qualifications, but do have relevant work experience, you may still be considered and are encouraged to enquire about your suitability.
Months of entry
Do you want to pursue a professional career in planning? As the UK’s newest planning school, our programme has been designed to offer a comprehensive understanding of the factors influencing the formulation and delivery of spatial planning policy across the built and natural environments. You will be prepared to develop or enhance a career as a chartered town planner in a rapidly changing world. Choose to take this programme either full-time over one year or part-time over two years.
- Develop broad-based, multidisciplinary and cross-professional approaches to place making and the planning and management of the built and physical environment for sustainable development.
- Deepen your understanding through our programme’s specialist options on urban coastal, marine planning, rural planning or sustainable transport issues.
- Explore planning issues of particular relevance to South West England, set within the context of national and international experience.
- Expand your skills through applied and experiential learning, including fieldwork, practicals, case studies, role play, debates and engagement with professional practitioners.
- Benefit from a supportive learning environment with an emphasis on small-group teaching and high levels of staff-student interaction.
- Fully accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Develop the key skills and professionalism to prepare you for an effective contribution to the workplace, including lifelong learning and preparation for the RTPI’s Assessment of Professional Competence (APC).
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)1752 585858