- GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in English, mathematics and a science subject.
- An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent, from a recognised university (masters and PhDs also count towards entry requirements. A masters degree will be considered as a second class upper degree and a PhD as a first. This will also apply to international applicants). It is not necessary for the degree to be in a national curriculum subject.
- You are required to have done a minimum of ten days recent observation experience in a government funded UK school or early years setting. This experience will need to have been completed either within 12 months prior to your application or within the academic year previous to the start of the course, whichever is the earliest.
- You are expected to arrange visits to local schools, and to be able to discuss your observations of pupils and classrooms at interview.
Months of entry
Gain an in-depth understanding of how young children aged 5-11 think, develop and learn. Offering three different placements during the programme, you will combine practical, real-world learning with the study of children’s communication, thinking and relationships. Supported by our inspirational staff, you will satisfy the standards for qualified teacher status and start your journey to becoming an outstanding primary school teacher.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language then we’ll need evidence of your proficiency in English as follows:
- IELTS at level 7 with 7 in all four components or GCSE in English Language at grade C or above.
- If you have gained an IELTS at level 6 to meet the undergraduate entry requirement for an undergraduate degree in the UK, and then completed the degree, this meets our entry requirements.
- If you have gained an IELTS at level 6.5 to meet the postgraduate entry requirement for a postgraduate degree in the UK, and then completed the degree, this meets our entry requirements.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admission Enquiries
- +44 1752 585858