A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject which includes some element of economics, mathematics or statistics, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
If you're looking for a Master's that'll sharpen your knowledge of economics and finance and give you a deep insight into the financial services sector, this is the postgraduate course for you.
On this MSc Economics, Finance and Banking degree course, you'll focus on business decision-making and strategy. You'll learn to interpret trends, identify market risks and assess public policy, while developing the forecasting techniques that'll make you a real asset to the financial services and banking sectors.
When you graduate, your Master's degree can open doors to ambitious roles in the finance and banking sectors, business and commerce, industry, and private and public sectors.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Evaluate economic theories, principles and strategy
- Learn how to interpret trends and identify market risks
- Assess public policy arguments
- Develop financial forecasting techniques
- Study themes including financial markets, econometrics, regulation and international banking
- Use our Bloomberg terminals to monitor and analyse real-time financial market data movements and trades
- Receive support and mentoring from staff, both face-to-face and via social media
- Complete an independent research project, based on economic research in a topic of your choice
- Tap in to our library’s array of electronic resources, including ejournals and newspapers
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you find a job that puts your Master's degree to work, wherever your career aspirations lead you. Our Careers and Employability service is on hand to help you identify positions that match your skills and interests, and can help you put your best foot forward when you leave University.
You can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
This course will provide you with the analytical skills needed to work in financial markets. You’ll be in a strong position to enjoy a successful career in the finance and banking sectors, business and commerce, industry, and private and public sectors.
Career opportunities include:
- Account manager
- Financial analyst
- Trader in financial assets
- Purchasing and acquisitions officer
- Business professional
- Commercial, industrial or public sector manager
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
Accredited by the Association of Corporate Treasurers (Exam Exemption).
Course contact details
- 023 9284 2991